Tuesday, November 6, 2007

family


i love this photo!

i'm not sure what the circumstances were for the photo, but i imagine that they may have been celebrating the return of my dad from WWII. my brother ed was around 2 when daddy was able to get back home. those are my mother's parents and her sister in the photo as well as the family home (still located on Martinwood Circle in Huffman) in the background.
(left to right standing) Pawpaw, Ed, Mawmaw, Mama and Daddy
(kneeling) Aunt Itara and her husband.

i didn't come along until 10 years after this photo!
i miss my parents and grandparents. i never knew my mother's sister, but she is always smiling and looks so happy in all the photos i've seen.
i was blessed with good parents that loved each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me tear up this morning. I love that photo, too. Do you have it up in your house anywhere?

Shan Herren said...

ooops - sorry, Jeremy! I didn't mean to bring on the tears. Christa tried to tell me that she posted the comment using your log in, but... I kinda knew you were the sensitive type.
I think I will print this one out and hang it. Good idea!