Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Braden and Brody's Birthday - April 12, 2008

My beautiful grand babies came in to the world early and were not able to survive. I know that God helped us through this by letting us see perfectly formed babies. All toes and fingers were accounted for. A little light colored hair was coming in (it was going to be red, of course). Their tiny ears nose and lips were absolutely beautifully formed. Every feature was so detailed and intricate that we tried not to miss anything about them. I held their tiny hands and tried to see any features that linked them to their mommy and daddy. Abby noticed that they had their daddy's "crazy" toe! It's as if God gave us something to smile about as we looked over their little bodies.

Braden Lee was born at 12:45 a.m.,weighed 15 1/2 ounces and was 11 inches long.










Brody Lee was born at 12:48 a.m., weighed 13 ounces and was 10 inches long.



While God did not allow us to love and spoil the boys, I know that He will be doing this for us until we can be with them. Maybe Granmaw and Meemaw and PawPaw are loving on them. I'm not sure how this works, but I know that since God's love is greater than ours that they are definitely being loved and cared for.

I know God has other plans for Abby and Cary. We will have to be patient and wait to see what He will give us to love on!

4 comments:

Abby said...

Thank you so much for being there for me and Cary and getting us thru this. It has been the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and I would not have been able to make it without you and dad!!! We love y'all so much!!!!!! I hope that one day I can pass your wonderful heart to another grandchild.

Virginia said...

Shan... I have contemplated leaving you a comment and trying to figure out what to say...

I just wanted to tell you how much my heart broke for you and your family when Christa told me. I have been thinking about you and praying for you. I know your hearts are so full of sorrow right now. :(

Hugs...

Deanna said...

Shan, I'm in tears right now as I read your post. Know that it's a situation near and dear to my heart, as we lost one of our twins too right before Christmas. And though the pain and hurt is still there, I know that my baby, as are yours, safe in Heaven. The verse that stuck with me through the whole ordeal was Isaiah 40:11, " He tends his flocks like a shepard:He gathers his lambs in his arms and carries them close to His heart; he gently leads those who have young." It was and is such a comfort to me to know that My Savior was cradling my babies in His arms, and is leading me all the while. Hopes this helps just a bit. Know that I'll be praying for you as well as Abby and Cary.

Unknown said...

I am trying to figure out the words to type here. I wish I could see you in person and just give you a big hug that lasted forever!

They were absolutely beautiful precious ones and I am so thankful you were able to love them!

Bless you and your family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you!