Monday, October 29, 2007

I've been a mother for over half of my life...

Today is my 1st borns birthday. Vance is 31 today. He is a northern baby and a southern child. Enough about him - 31 years ago at the young age of 20, I became a mother! There really isn't a good time to have a child. If you have them young, as I did, you don't know what the heck you are doing and really don't realize that this is a life you are shaping and molding. If you have them later in life, when you are more mature, you know too much and worry about everything! I'm glad I had my children when I did. They really turned out pretty good, but I can't take the credit for that. They had a super dad and a heavenly father to watch over them.



Happy Birthday, Vance! I'm sorry I had to whack you so much with a wooden spoon when I was shaping and molding you. I'm sorry I overreacted when you scared Abby with the rubber snake. Remember, it was your daddy that made you eat all of that spaghetti till you threw up. Sorry about slamming the trunk to the car on your hand - you were smart to take the keys away from me to unlock the trunk.
You are a terrific person and I love you very much!!!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am loving your blog! This is such a great post. I always have so much guilt that I am messing my kids up but it is nice to think that one day I will just complile a list of "I'm sorry I yelled at you because I thought you were whining but really your head was stuck under the couch etc. etc." on their Birthday knowing they forgive me and are beautiful people (hopefully). Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY VANCE!!! And good job you!